Monday, March 16, 2009

The Last Time I Heard From Him...

Father, you had lots of guts. Many times you had overdone it. Nevermind. How I wished you did not on March 2nd, 2009.

But you made that decision to go for it. I never thought the last time I heard from you 'live' on that fateful morning at 7.30am was my final moment with you.

On March 4th, I lost my father. I lost a father to heart bypass surgery. He was 68. I did not want it all to end that way. He was going into the operation theater 'alive and kicking". He even got the doctor's final assurance that the op would be successful.

He wanted to live a longer life, another 15 years perhaps. He wanted to see his precious grand-daughter playing the guitar on a stage. But it all ended tragically, on the hospital bed! How I wished you did not have the guts to go for the op.

As I whispered my last words to you by your hospital bedside; as I said my last goodbye to you during the final cremation moments; I just wanted to say it again here, "Father, you are forgiven and loved dearly".

Peace.

No comments: