Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Malaysian football will be left to rot

Let me start by saying I watched and supported Malaysian football, once upon a time! When I was young my dad would take me to city stadium (Penang official stadium then) to watch Isa Bakar, Ali Bakar, Shukor Salleh played with the likes of Soh Chin Aun, Santok Singh, Arumugam and many great footballers of Malaysia. That was then in the 80's.

Now, I don't even bother to know about it. What??? Not even for a free ticket to watch it. It's not because we can catch live matches on tv so easily nowadays. The standard is simply too low! Why bother when you can't find a reason to watch it even it is happening right in your doorstep.

A recent article was written in The Star and it just tickled my funny bones about the ever changing format of our football competition. Let me say this; IF FAM WANTS TO EXPERIMENT, GO BACK TO SCHOOL. LET THE REAL PROFESSIONALS RUN THE ASSOCIATION HERE. Many opinions have been given over time about ways to improve but the people who are clinging onto power in FAM are going to bring Malaysian football further down and out.

It is always read with disgust that Malaysian sports associations have to be headed by people with "power of influence". Hey, politics and sports don't mix! You hear me! Damn. How I wished that David Copperfield, he has got real power (magic), can come over and helm FAM so that he can change a bunch of deadwood into stone!!! To me, with or without them doesn't make any difference. Our football standard has been left to rot for a long time!

Long gone Malaysian football.

No comments: