Saturday, April 26, 2008

PR Two Up Against Umno-Led BN in Penang

In life, how many times can one be given a golden chance - to impress, to do something good, to rectify one's mistake, etc. etc. ? Not many. But BN have been given 50 years and they have not got the basics right! Needless to say, we are still lagging in many areas. Agree?

Well, we Malaysians have been kind enough to bear with this so-called government of Malaysia. Shall we change them as well??? Wait, don't make up your mind....till you fellow Malaysians finish reading what the new ruling state government so-called DAP , a tiny party with big heart, has done in two months for a fellow rakyat like me!!! Hey, I didn't have to move a truck-load of media people nor do street demo to get a YB from DAP to answer my call and get the job done! Read on....the true story goes like this....

A friend of mine was telling me one day that he has got all the mobile phone numbers of Penang MP's (Pakatan Rakyat, huh). Sounds great! I could not recall getting one from our "former" MP's in Penang. Okay, that's the way to go and when we got a problem we can reach them by just a phone call away. Easy, eh! So, my friend went on to say that the PKR MP called him back on his h/p to speak to him regarding a problem happening at his house - something to do with water hydrant. This PKR MP immediately got the right authority to come over and fix it. Wahhh, I said it was something I didn't hear of for ages, not anything like that in my many years knowing the fact that Umno-led MP's always forgot that the rakyat actually got them into office. PR one up against BN!

Now, that goodwill gesture led me to think that I should ring up my dearest MP as well to air my problem too. So without waiting for the list of h/p numbers, I did a net search for someone I could reach out to from my hometown in Bukit Mertajam. My search led me to DAP website and got myself the number listed under YB Chong Eng. I sent an sms about the water pressure in my housing area which was very low. A day or two later, my house water pressure was up to normal! I got a return sms to check if everything was fine after a couple days. Hey, that was something unknown of in BN's time in Penang - for myself at least. Today, I got a surprise call from YB Chong Eng on my mobile asking about the water situation in my house!!! I was glad indeed. I 'm more glad that this is the change that proves us right! I went on to sms YB about the dirty and muddy water I was getting for a long time ago. Then, a PBA guy called me on my mobile soon after and he wanted to come over to my house to fix the problem. Woahhh....thumbs up from me certainly. Guess, my whole housing area too will see better water quality from now.

The PBA team led by Anthony immediately went into action, flushing out the dirty water through the water hydrants around my housing estate. He was kind enough to show me the clear water in a bottle for comparison on 'before and after'. Okay, I said very well and we talked awhile. I got an understanding that the 'root cause' of the dirty water is linked to other unattended matters....someone (more than one) up there is sleeping on the job. I WILL BLOG THIS TOPIC LATER.

Conclusion, here I got another 'before and after' scenario to sum up the whole episode with regards to my water problem. Before, we had BN state government in Penang, they ruled Penangites for many many years but forgot one basic responsibility that put them into power. Forgot to tell Umno-BN who is the boss too. The rakyat appreciate the little response that they ask for, NOT contracts, cetainly not projects. So, I would not bother to call them for problem like this because they would not bother to respond. After, we voted DAP (and PKR) into power to lead us Penangites, for two months I begin to feel, hear and see CHANGES that I have not felt before. Do you think our former arrogant MP's will call you on your mobile??? Do you think these bunch of lansi, kris-wielding, nonsense talking MP's will check on your dirty tap water??? Think again, you can make up your mind whom you want to lead Malaysia, now and 50 years on!

My hopes are sky-high and my confidence is Penangites will (and should) embrace this new state government to lead us for a long time to come. KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK and I will spread the great words about you.

DAP, two up (2-0)against Umno-led BN. Yehhhhh!

No comments: